Thursday, January 3, 2008

Silence

I've listened to your dreams and your fear and your pain
I've held you when you cried, sipped the tears when they've rained
rocked you in my arms when nightmares ruled the night
walked with you through darkness when clouds hid the light
talked with you of everything beneath the big round moon
shown you the depths of me in the quiet of our room
whispered of my need for you, my breath inside your ear
tangled my legs with yours, sighed my release against your skin
lain wrapped all about with you, hands fisting in our hair
listened to your voice, talking, singing, sighing, telling me of love
filling the emptiness of me, heart and soul and mind and marrow
'til there's not one atom left of me that does not bear your touch
and the only way free of you is in the silence of death.

No comments: